Industrial & Manufacturing and Production - Health & Safety
· Job type
Transport and Logistics
· External Reference
We are currently looking for an organised and efficient individual to join our team based in Warrington as part of the Corporate Division of Adecco.
You will be based on a client site on the Omega South Business Park in Warrington.
The hours of work will be 14.00 - 22.00 working Monday to Friday, with flexibility to work some weekend shifts as and when required.
This is a temporary assignment to cover the busy Christmas period; however other opportunities may become available.
Key Responsibilities -
· Advise Agency Managers on Company procedures and legal requirements as required and escalate issues where appropriate
· Conducting the second week safety audits for new hires
· Carrying out safety inspections and audits and logging the results on the safety database applied in the Premises,
· Monitor the associates for compliance to Company safety procedures
· Assist with the investigation of accidents, near misses and incidents to establish root cause and develop required action plans with relevant departments
· Update internal records with regards to incidents, near misses and accidents to agency associates
· Collate and produce weekly safety report as required
· Be able to maintain confidentiality in matters involving Safety investigations
· Track absence related to work related incidents and provide information to the local safety team as required
· Meet with the local safety team regularly to exchange information
· Work with the agency managers to ensure that all safety related audits are completed and follow up and report on any misses to the local site
· Ability to carry out safety observations in-line with current safety reporting criteria.
· Enter safety observations into the database and analyse the results.
· Ability to deliver communications to diverse audiences.
· To challenge & coach unsafe practices at all levels
Skills and experience desired:
· Previous logistics / transport industry experience
· Previous HS& experience of working within a similar role
· Data analysis
· Planning and coordinating
· Strong computer literacy
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Able to manage and deal with unplanned situations
Adecco are an equal opportunities employer.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy