Hastings, East Sussex
£ 7 - £ 83 / Hour
Construction & Property - Site Manager
· Job type
Industrial and Manufacturing
· External Reference
Handyperson/Handyman - East Sussex County Council
Full-time, 37 hours per week
Adecco are currently recruting for a Handyperson for East Sussex County Council. The position covers libraries in the Hastings and Rother Area - Potential for work beyond the original 3 months.
Key tasks include:
- To undertake minor repairs and basic carpentry to the buildings and their contents on request, following health and safety regulations.
- To provide general maintenance of equipment, and record visits of contactors with regard to repair and maintenance work within the premises'. To manage the CCTV system.
- To keep clean areas not included in the cleaning specification, and carry out emergency cleaning internally and externally as required, i.e. as a result of an accident or vandalism.
- In liaison with the Premises Controller to act as a Fire Marshall for routine evacuations and test the alarms regularly.
- To provide premises support across the locations as required, including unlocking/locking up and setting/de-setting security systems.
- To undertake local collections and deliveries, on occasion driving a hired vehicle to move furniture and equipment as required.
-To collect and deliver special book collections outside of the courier contract.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy