£ 11.19 - £ 11.56 / Hour
Industrial & Manufacturing and Production - Food, Drink & Tobacco
· Job type
Industrial and Manufacturing
· External Reference
We are looking to recruit GENERAL Operators (GO) on a on going Contract for our client based at Newark Road. The role is in both process and packing in terms of making sure that our products are manufactured to the highest quality and on time.
This will be working on 12 hour continental shift pattern 4 on 4 off rotation so you must be flexible.
Activities will include, but are not limited to:
In Packaging, a GO could be part of a team which is responsible for the output of a primary packaging or multi-pack machine in terms of quality and efficiency. This will involve packing product, keeping the machine running, changing film, re-setting the machine, keeping the card machine filled, replacing tape in the carton sealer and conducting basic quality and machine checks. Other activities include feeding WIP (work in progress) to a multi-pack machine and providing raw materials to the line.
Working in the Process area could involve inspection duties on the wet belt, keeping the seasoning hoppers filled and carrying out housekeeping checks. Other activities in Process include working on waste or intake which can involve manual handling and automation tasks . A GO working in Process could also be responsible for supporting or carrying out laboratory checks.
GOs will also be expected to complete basic KPI and quality paperwork and assist in the cleaning of process and/or packing distribution conveyors as well as other equipment.
- Ability to operate machinery and carry out minor adjustments to machines if required
- Results focused to ensure that all targets are met
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written
- Self motivated and uses initiative
- Strong team player who adopts continuous improvement approach
- Promotes safe working practices
- Sets high personal standards for quality of work and level of service provided
- Participation in employee involvement teams (project, SAT, FSAT etc)
- Operates using OEE data to improve performance, cost and quality
- Maintain a safe, healthy and hygienic work place, through ensuring safety and housekeeping standards are met, maintained and exceeded
After 6 months you may have the opportunity to go permanent.
If you need more information on the General Operative Role or have any questions, please ring our office number 01522 518 413 or 07545 063485 and speak to Shelley
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy