Description de l'offre
Birmingham, West Midlands
Industrial & Manufacturing and Production - Textiles, Carpets
· Job type
Transport and Logistics
· External Reference
We are recruiting on behalf of our client for a general operator to begin a permanent contract as soon as possible at their east Birmingham site.
This is a permanent role working 40 hours per week on a 3 shift rotation and there is also a 5% allowance.
To be considered for this role please apply online immediately in the first instance to express your interest.
· Adhere to all IAC's SSoW (Safe System of Work), Health, Safety and Environmental requirements; reporting all non-compliance, non-conformance, accidents and near misses to the Line
· Adhere to SOI (Standard Operating Instruction) reporting all non-compliance, non- conformance or basic concerns to Line Manager
· Monitor production process, ensuring it conforms to current SOI.
· Complete all required test and quality checks in line with SOI and defined Monitor parts to confirm they meet current SOI standards and customer specifications; including form, finish, fit and flushness.
· Complete all Poka Yoke and 1st off checks in line with defined schedule; reporting all failures to Line
· Operate equipment within assigned area / cell; adhering to current SOI.
· Manually build components / sub-assemblies within assigned area / cell; adhering to Fit parts to machinery / equipment within assigned area / cell; adhering to current SOI. Apply protective coatings and/or bonding to material or product; adhering to current SOI.
· Operate machines pre-set to carry out defined or pre-programmed tasks; adhering to current SOI, SSoW, H&S and any other procedures (LOTO, Manual Handling).
· Set and operate hand controlled or computer controlled machines adhering to current SOI, SSoW and H&S
· Monitor throughout (number of parts produced) using a Pace Board and other reporting systems.
· Report equipment faults or stoppages verbally to Line Manager and confirm all lost parts using a Pace Board and other reporting
· Report material or product defects verbally to Line Manager and follow and adhere to the Stop, Call and Resolve quality zero defect
· Report all waste / scrap parts using a Pace Board and other reporting Complete housekeeping Complete all quality control checks on products reference IATF16949 / ISO9001 / Adhere to packaging specification (individual part protective wrapping, external crate and labelling) ensuring it adheres to current SOI.
· Actively participate in problem solving and Continuous Improvement activities (5S, Kamishibai, Kaizen, Risk Assessments)
· Self-motivated and hard working
· Adaptable and flexible with a positive professional attitude
· Ability to work across multiple areas of the production process
· Able to work on own initiative when necessary
· Minimum 2 years soft trim wrapping experience
· Able to work to within tight cycles/deadlines and with minimum supervision
· Ability to learn quickly
· Practical hands-on approach to problem solving
· Experience of working and delivering production targets
· Understanding of lean manufacturing and 5S process
· Understanding of IATF16949, ISO9001 and ISO14001 quality standards
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy