Industrial & Manufacturing and Production - Production
· Job type
Industrial and Manufacturing
· External Reference
Adecco have an exciting opportunity for General Operatives to join a successful international client, who continue to grow and thrive within their industry. This is an excellent opportunity to grow and develop within a reputable company who value their staff and offer flexible benefits including childcare vouchers , cycle to work scheme, a subsidised canteen, an onsite gym , a staff discount shop and many more.
Salary : £11.03 per hour including shift premium
Location : Leicester
Hours : 12 hour shifts (4 days on and 4 days off)
As a General Operative you will be a huge part of our clients operation and work across every area of the factory, undertaking a variety of crucial tasks to maintain high standards. Our client offers a full training package which enables the ability to learn while you earn whilst receiving full support from your course mentor and gaining recognised qualifications. Our client regularly acknowledges and rewards staffs that go above and beyond within their roles including long service rewards. As a General Operative you will have the opportunity work across all departments.
· Operating and setting machinery within a zone whilst being accountable for a number of pieces of equipment, ensuring they are compliant in line with health and safety, at a set standard and identifying when they are not.
· Understanding the cause for any drops in standards with machinery, along with the impact of this and how to rectify issues.
· Understanding and interpreting numerical data and confidently communicating verbally and in written form machine performance and any gaps in standards using Lean Manufacturing principles.
· Proactively escalating for assistance from Co-coordinators and Managers where necessary
· Involved with inspection duties
· Manual handing
· Automation tasks
· Carrying out housekeeping duties
· Carrying out laboratory tests
· Packing products
· Operating and checking machinery
· Carrying out important quality checks
It would be great to see candidates with:
· Positive attitude
· Eager to learn new skills
Please note that if your application is progressed, you will be required to complete assessments both online and in person
Adecco is an equal opportunities employer .If you do not hear from one of our consultants within 7 days of applying for this role, please assume you have been unsuccessful in this instance. Your CV will be kept on file and you will be considered for future vacancies that match your skills.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy