South Croydon, Greater London
· Job type
Construction and Property
· External Reference
*GENERAL ASSISTANT REQUIRED - CEMETERY MAINTENANCE*
· General Assistant - driving and general duties in Croydon Cemetery
· London Borough of Croydon - based at the Croydon Cemetery CR9 3AT
· Full time - 36 hours per week
· Shift patterns are between 8am and 8pm
· Role is for 6 weeks but may go on longer
· £13.27 per hour
· MUST be able to drive a Transit Van - Croydon Council vehicle will be provided
· Good customer facing skills
· Interviews will be face to face
· To provide a range of duties which support the service for the bereaved during normal office hours (approx. 50% of work time), to provide security and a direct services to the bereaved, and funeral directors out of hours, including weekends and public holidays (50% of work time during which time no on-site supervision exists).
· At all times and particularly when on-site supervision is absent, to take responsibility for the necessary liaison and communication so necessary tasks are identified, and work followed through to completion.
· To carry out all cleaning / housekeeping and porterage tasks as identified.
· To provide back up duties within the Crematorium when required. This will be particularly important should a pandemic or civil emergency occur.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Please apply with your CV to: Sadie Nunn