London, Greater London
£ 30 - £ 36 / Hourly
IT - Software Engineer
· Job type
IT and Telecoms
· External Reference
Role: Front End Developer (UX Engineer), Education
Duration: ASAP 6 months
Salary: 30.19 - 36.65 pounds hourly rate
We are recruiting on behalf of a well-established tech giant! This role suits really well a frontend developer/engineer with experience working or communicating with UX teams and a passion for the Education space!
As a Front End Developer (UX Engineer) focusing on product and interaction design through prototyping, you'll help the CS First Learning & Instruction team think about the next version of our curriculum. You'll design and ultimately create working prototypes of the CS First platform. You'll work with the CS First team and cross-functional UX Research and Engineering teams to put those prototypes in front of educators and students and iterate quickly to help the CS First team figure out how to best improve the instructional experience we offer.
You'll be part of a small team that is excited about the opportunity to bring a uniquely point of view to computer science education, and one that is focused on an equitable scale.
In this role, you will:
· Apply your design skills to mockup and build working prototypes
· Bring both a UX and Engineering perspective to our work
· Work with UX Research, Engineering, and Program teammates to ensure we create a great UX for educators and students within our product
· Iterate on multiple variations of designs to present and test options
· BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
· Demonstrated experience in operating within a collaborative and iterative environment
· Strong communication and relationship management skills to engage with Engineering, Curriculum, Program, UX, and Product teammates
· Figma experience
· Experience working with K-12 educators/students, or equivalent experience
· A strong understanding of students aged 9-14, K-12 education, and/or the Scratch coding editor
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Please apply with your CV to: Paola Alarcon