Public Sector - Public Sector
· Job type
· External Reference
Adecco are proud to be recruiting on behalf of North Wales Police for a Fleet Technician for a 6 month cover based out of their site on Deeside Industrial Estate.
The post is full time (Mon-Fri, 0800-1600)
The post requires an experienced vehicle mechanic with MOT experience.
The purpose of the role is to service, repair and maintain Force vehicles in accordance with manufacturers standards and to procedures and policies outlined by the Fleet Manager.
Duties of role:
- To design and develop technical solutions for the installation of police equipment into vehicles to ensure an optimum fit, best practice and compliance with current legislation.
- To maintain accurate and precise records of inspection, faults found, faults repaired, hours expended and parts used for all work undertaken.
- To use OE and aftermarket vehicle diagnostic equipment for service, repair and vehicle installation work.
- To assess and diagnose the cause/reason of faults identified with vehicles, vehicle equipment installations and to determine and propose appropriate resolutions for rectification. Where appropriate and necessary, to escalate 'high risk' faults and defects to the attention of a Supervisor.
- If deemed necessary on Health and Safety and/or technical grounds to make the decision to take a vehicle out of service until the problem has been rectified
- For the mobile mechanic vans, to complete regular stock checks of stock held so to ensure records of Force assets are accurate and up to date. Identify any discrepancies immediately.
If you are interested in this position please apply directly to the advert for immediate consideration or call 01244 346674 for more details.
Post is subject to thorough police vetting background check.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Please apply with your CV to: Francesca Williams