· Job type
· External Reference
Banking & Financial Services - Finance Assistant
I am currently recruiting for a financial assistant to join a lovely team based in a school to provide support to the Business Manager and Finance team in all financial and administrative functions. This is an ongoing role for around 3 months.
Hours: Monday- Friday 08:15 - 16.00 (40 minute unpaid break)
· To ensure that suppliers are paid in accordance with agreed terms and conditions.
· To deal with all purchase ledger enquiries.
· To negotiate purchase ledger discounts for early payment as appropriate.
· To prepare purchase payment run.
· To complete all financial administration relating to lettings, including all invoicing.
· To raise all other sales invoices and credit notes as required.
· To implement rigorous credit control procedures, including the production of regular reports showing the status of outstanding balances.
· To deal with all sales ledger enquiries.
· To ensure the petty cash system operates properly.
· To perform petty cash reconciliations monthly.
· To ensure that all filing is performed at least weekly.
· To perform all other duties as directed by the Finance and Resource Officer.
· As a member of the finance team, the post holder will provide a finance administration service for all financial processes.
Desired skills and experience:
· At least two year's experience of working in a Finance Team, including experience of credit control and dealing with supplier's queries.
· Highly self-motivated.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to prioritise tasks.
· Excellent organisational skills.
· Excellent ICT skills, including MS Office, MS Excel and MS Word.
· Excellent telephone manner.
· Good team player.
· All members of the College staff are expected to be flexible in their approach.
· As a member of the school staff, you are expected to support the school ethos and mission statement.
Please apply to this advert if you feel you have the skills and experience!
For more job opportunities and general updates from Adecco, please follow us on our new Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/AdeccoLiverpool
Adecco aim to respond to all applicant's, however due to the large volume of applications we receive this may not always be possible. Should you not receive a response within five working days please accept this as notification that you have not been short-listed on this occasion.
Adecco is an equal opportunities employee.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Anna Hoyle