York, North Yorkshire
£ 18000 - £ 22000 / Year
Office and Secretarial - General Administration & Clerical
· Job type
Office and Secretarial
· External Reference
Facilities Assistant - Part time
£18,000 - £22,000
The main purpose of this position is to support and assist in the day-to-day servicing and maintenance of facilities, including room set-up for events, organising and carrying out maintenance of the equipment and facilities and thereby presenting an efficient and customer-focused service.
The Facilities Assistant will report to the Facilities Manager.
· Liaise with internal and external customers, and to contribute to the provision of excellent customer care through the use of good inter-personal skills and an innovative approach to problem solving.
· Support the Facilities Team on minor repairs and maintenance where competent and cost effective to do so.
· Support the Facilities Team, attending to problems associated with the facilities and maintenance of the site and to ensure they are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
· Ensure the vending machines are stocked and in full working order placing orders for stock where required.
· Ensure external areas are kept clear and tidy, including gritting and clearing of snow as required in poor weather conditions.
· Carry out basic plant room checks and weekly checks of fire alarms/doors etc
· Move furniture and equipment.
· Set out of training rooms and other areas as required, ensuring they are properly equipped and ready for use.
· Undertake any training required in order to develop skills and competencies as appropriate. This may include attending training off site.
· Emergency call out cover for evening and weekends
· Carry out any other tasks as are reasonably required by the Facilities Manager.
Key challenges faced in the role
· Need to work effectively and collaboratively with a range of internal and external customers
· Balancing priorities and resources to achieve optimum results
· Managing expectations of internal and external customers
· Time management and dealing with competing priorities and pressures.
Any other information
Our client is a key UK resource for supporting teaching and learning through provision of resources, on-line, physical networking, communities and partnerships with a wide range of organisations and individuals.
This role is instrumental in ensuring that all colleagues, customers and visitors have a positive experience directly attributable to the excellent physical facilities available.
This is a part-time role. Generally, this will consist of 2 - 3 full days Monday to Friday however, the candidate will need to be flexible around the department's workload, this may also mean that the post holder will occasionally be required to be available for occasional weekend, early morning, late evening working or full time holiday cover.
Opportunities will arise for the appointed person to attend training courses allowing the person to develop and progress within their role.
Experience and Expertise
· A professional, positive and enthusiastic manner
· Excellent hands on skills ideally from a trade/repair/maintenance back ground
· A proven track record of reliability
· A basic understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace is desirable
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to interact effectively with a wide range of internal and external customers
· Excellent organisational skills
· A good standard of IT skills and a willingness to embrace new technologies
· Ability to maintain attention to detail while working to deadlines and managing a varied workload
· Takes direction well and works within agreed procedures and guidelines
· Ability to work on own using initiative and within a supportive team environment
Some flexibility of working hours will be required to meet the demands of the role at key times, for example:
· During any major incidents
· Working full time to cover holidays
· Planned 'out of office hours' working
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy