Birmingham, West Midlands
· Job type
Human Resources and Personnel
· External Reference
Transport & Logistics - Rail Transport
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Specialist
Location: London / Birmingham / Crewe (can be based out of any of these locations)
Working Schedule: Full-time (5 days a week - 3-4 days in office)
Our client is a dynamic organisation committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equality, and inclusion. We are dedicated to transforming our industry and becoming leaders in the realm of EDI (Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion).
As an Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Specialist with our client, you will play a pivotal role in championing our EDI agenda. Working closely with the Head of Employee Experience, you will ensure that issues of inclusion are at the heart of all our business decisions. Your primary mission is to promote greater diversity and make the client an industry leader in diversity and inclusion.
· Design and develop an all-organisation ED&I strategy and associated local operational implementation plans to ensure that D&I is integral to colleague and customer-focused activities.
· Lead on all D&I activities, including colleague networks, a calendar of events, multiple issue awareness events, and raising the profile of EDI activity in [Company Name].
· Design and deliver EDI training at all levels of the organisation, ensuring it is relevant, engaging, and culture-shifting for all audiences.
· Design, complete, and deliver an annual equality and inclusion audit of the organisation, providing feedback and data insights to inform action plans. Develop resulting action plans with leaders and managers to ensure year-on-year progress.
· Ensure that EDI activities are data-driven with insights that can bring about demonstrable changes. Lead a campaign to improve our diversity data collection and use, ensuring increased trust in the organisation and a reputation for acting on insights.
· Collaborate with the community team in the local school's program to promote the client as a great employer, particularly targeting underrepresented groups and population segments.
· This role engages with individuals at all levels of the organisation, from the Executive team to our front line colleagues, and is responsible for fostering change and promoting EDI across all areas.
· It also involves developing external networks to share best practices, exchange information, and contribute to policy development for the benefit of the entire industry.
· Strong knowledge of D&I legislation, best practices, and research.
· Understanding of diversity beyond the protected characteristics, including issues such as class or social matters.
· Proven ability to adopt a data and insights approach to EDI and culture change.
· Excellent stakeholder management, influencing hearts and minds, and involving everyone in the change process.
· Implementation of EDI programs in unionised environments and/or FTSE250 organisations.
· Development and delivery of successful programs.
· Specialist D&I qualification (degree level).
· Legal qualification/knowledge.
If you are an experienced Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Specialist with a passion for driving meaningful change and championing diversity and inclusion, we invite you to join our dedicated team.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter to this job advert
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and will actively consider flexible working arrangements.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Callum Stanway