Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive - Manufacturing & Production Engineering
· Job type
Industrial and Manufacturing
· External Reference
Purpose of role:
· We are seeking a mechanical craftsperson to work within the Engineering Department. After training, duties will include first line fault diagnosis / rectification and the general maintenance and repair of a wide variety of packaging equipment.
· To provide first line support for operations, including plant changeovers, routine maintenance and repair.
· Ensure that engineering cover is provided during operational hours
· To ensure that equipment is changed over in a timely / efficient manner.
· To ensure that faults of an electrical or instrument nature are identified during breakdowns and rectified by liaising and assisting other trade disciplines.
· To maintain all fixed and portable mechanical engineering equipment.
· To modify plant and make improvements to increase efficiency.
· To ensure that all necessary records and information are kept and provided.
· To ensure that all work carried out complies with factory safety and hygiene policies and procedures.
· The job requires an apprentice trained mechanical craftsperson
· Logical approach to fault finding.
· The ability to communicate and work within a team environment
· Good core skills in welding, fabrication and machining
· Must be flexible and adaptable to operational requirements.
· Some knowledge / training in electrics and pneumatics would be an advantage
· Self-motivated and be able to work with limited instruction.
· Reasonable IT skills
Salary: £30,490 + £4385
Working hours: Monday to Friday on rotating earlies, lates & night shifts
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy