Sutton, Greater London
Public Sector - Public Sector
· Job type
· External Reference
EMERGENCY PLANNING OFFICER
1 YEAR ASSIGNMENT (POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION)
£18.22 HOURLY PAYE
THE EMERGENCY PLANNING OFFICER MUST HAVE:
· Previous experience working in an emergency planning coordinator or business continuity position.
· An understanding of the Civil Contingencies Act, 2004 and Emergency Planning responses.
· Have a degree in Emergency Planning or a related field is desirable.
The primary tasks and responsibilities for this position are:
· To support the Client in delivering the Civil Contingencies Act, 2004 requirements and maintaining the emergency management cycle i.e. if fire or flood will coordinate the required emergency services.
· To undertake activities and lead on work streams related to the Covid-19 response and recovery. To support the development of the Client's Business Continuity Management programme.
· To lead the delivery of the Event Safety Service including scrutinising event plans and risk assessments in liaison with Safety Advisory Group (SAG) partners.
· To undertake administrative Emergency Planning duties, which includes maintaining contact and distribution lists, on-call rotas, on-call equipment bags, etc.
· To secretariat Emergency Planning meetings, including the Borough Resilience Forum and internal forums.
· To deputise for the Emergency Planning Manager in their absence.
· To respond to Emergencies during office hours and out of office hours when required.
Additional skills and abilities - include but are not limited to the following:
· A strong communicator who can work well in a partnership.
· Ability to prioritise tasks effectively and can work independently and under pressure.
· Taking the initiative with assigned work streams.
· Effective problem-solving skills and confident decision making.
· Ability to challenge and critically evaluate information and data, considering the bigger picture and wider implications to the service and Client.
· The ability to confidently and effectively communicate with various audiences.
· The ability to write and deliver strategic reports and presentations that effectively articulate key messages
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Please apply with your CV to: Emily Day