Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive - Electrical & Electronic Engineering
· Job type
Engineering, Aerospace and Automotive
· External Reference
The role of the engineer is to carry out cleaning of duct work in air filtration systems.
The role is based in Stafford and requires service for customers throughout the UK, in accordance with the sales team brief and to a high level of customer satisfaction.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Travelling throughout the UK in company vehicles, with regular overtime and overnight stays to meet the needs of each specific customer project.
2. Cleaning of ductwork Air handling Units to TR19 standard. This will involve hand scraping to clean ductwork and using specialist equip - Full training will be provided includes lifting, carrying equuipment.
3. Building strong, sustainable relationships on site with customers and demonstrating professionalism, courtesy, friendliness and helpfulness. Exhibiting, enthusiasm, willingness and a positive outlook to internal/external customers.
4. Working in a team of two or three, unsupervised, collaborating effectively to meet project brief on time and within budget, managing own time.
5. Taking initiative in solving problems, demonstrating a 'can do' approach.
6. Full, accurate and on time reporting.
Full, clean driving licence - Essential
IPAF, First Aid, Confined Space etc - Not essential
While the core hours of work are 7 to 4:30, the role requires regular work outside of these hours, including earlier starts, some overnight stays and occasional evening and weekend work. The job also requires working in confined elevated spaces and can involve operating in a dirty environment.
A good level of physical fitness is required in order to meet the demands of heavy lifting and climbing to work in confined roof spaces.
Competencies (Knowledge, skills, experience needed for the job)
· Communication skills.
· Build strong, sustainable relationships.
· Demonstrate active customer focus through affability, helpfulness, courtesy and professional manner
· Self management. Work unsupervised and self motivate to work hard and diligently to meet deadlines. Demonstrate initiative without need for constant guidance.
· Positivity. Demonstrate 'can do' approach to solving problems. Foster enthusiastic, positive outlook and exhibit ability to adapt to needs of the job.
· Record keeping. Accurate, in full, on time recording without supervision.
· Team work. Collaborate with 'on site' and 'at office' teams to meet each project brief. Work diligently to fulfil requirements of own role as well as supporting teams to meet the needs of the business.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy