East Grinstead, West Sussex
£ 16330 - £ 18500 / Year
Transport & Logistics - Warehousing, Distribution, Logistics
· Job type
Transport and Logistics
· External Reference
Adecco have an exciting opportunity for a Van driver/Warehouse Operative in East Grinstead to join a successful global industrial distributor, who value their staff and offer great benefits such as pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays.
Salary - Negotiable
Location - East Grinstead
Hours - Monday - Friday 7.30am -4:30pm/ 5.00pm
· Facilitate all inward and outbound stock movements for the branch efficiently, following company procedures, and using IT systems where appropriate.
· Pick and pack goods in an efficient, timely and safe manner.
· Actively maintain and improve housekeeping throughout working hours ensuring that stored goods are kept tidily and in the correct place, using mechanical handling equipment where appropriate in accordance with company procedures.
· Ensure that with all aspects of Health & Safety policies and procedures are complied with in all daily activities.
· Contribute to the effective operation of the branch by supporting other staff in meeting Customer Service levels.
· Continually review operating systems, procedures and practices, recommending any changes to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency and to reduce costs.
It would be great to see candidates with:
· Previous experience desirable but not essential
· Educated to Secondary education levels, to the standard of GSCEs, NVQ's level II or equivalent.
· CPC Trained
· Basic IT Skills
· Orders completed on time in full
Adecco is an equal opportunities employer .If you do not hear from one of our consultants within 7 days of applying for this role, please assume you have been unsuccessful in this instance. Your CV will be kept on file and you will be considered for future vacancies that match your skills.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy