Hounslow, Greater London
Accountancy & Finance - Public Sector Accountancy & Finance
· Job type
Banking and Financial Services
· External Reference
DIRECT PAYMENTS OFFICER
MON - FRI 36 HOURS
£14.81 PER HOUR
Adecco are currently recruiting for a Direct Payments Officer to work within a Local Authority based in Hounslow.
The Direct Payments Officer purpose is to support people to exercise choice and control in planning how they will use their Direct Payments, by providing them with clear advice and information and/or helping them to arrange services so that they manage their Direct Payments effectively.
To be responsible for all financial administration functions for the Direct Payments including, setting up of payments, activating/deactivation and deferring care packages (Brokering).
Responsible for financial monitoring of Direct Payments to ensure funds are used appropriately, flagging up concerns about the way that funds are used by providing Managers, Social Workers with accurate , relevant and timely information.
Making decisions on when to refer to the Direct Payments Team Manager those accounts requiring further attention because of their complexity or potential abuse, complete and maintain a risk analysis of all Direct Payments to ensure that attention is focused on those payments that are a higher risk and/or may involve financial abuse or fraud, liaise with relevant partners such as Safeguarding, Health (CCG), Children, Finance, Legal and third party providers i.e. Payroll and Liability Insurance.
Working in partnership with Health and Children Services, establish key contacts and maintain strong relationships to enable effective management and monitoring of Direct Payments.
To maintain IT systems required to support efficient service delivery based on the principles of Equality of Opportunity and the Department's Customer Care Statement and to promote all aspects of Independent living, including the use of Direct Payments/Personal Budgets, across all care groups including reviewing of Direct Payments paperwork.
Knowledge and Experience;
· Social Care and Financial experience
· Support improvements and positive outcomes for vulnerable residents through internal and external partnership working
· Experience of working with vulnerable residents in either a statutory or voluntary organisation
· Good understanding and knowledge of the Direct Payments and Personal budgets and Personal Health Budgets to deliver a seamless service to vulnerable residents/Children/carers.
· Understanding of the complexities of direct payments, and their application including legislation, recruitment, payroll, disputes etc.
· Awareness and ability to identify Safeguarding issues and report to Care Management
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy