Hospitality, Tourism & Travel - Hospitality, Tourism & Travel
· Job type
Hospitality, Tourism and Travel
· External Reference
My client is looking to take on 5 strong customer service assistants to work on board trains from Preston Station for 6 weeks. Working a 12 hour shift you will carry out duties as assigned by the Service Manager or Assistant Service Manager including at seat service in First Class, to exceed our customer's expectations.
To work with other members of the On Board team to manage the customer environment in, providing safe and comfortable accommodation to laid down specifications.
Customer Service Delivery
It is an essential part of the Customer Service Assistant's role to identify and meet our customer's needs and expectations, taking the lead in dealing with customers in an open, friendly, confident and helpful manner.
It is the Customer Service Assistant's responsibility to carry out duties as assigned by the Service Manager or Assistant Service Manager as follows:-
· To project a professional image at all times.
· To provide excellent Customer Service, including at seat service in First Class accommodation, in accordance with service specifications.
· To use proactive selling skills to maximise sales from On Board retail services at the Buffet/Shop.
· To provide a trolley service throughout the Standard Class in accordance with service specifications.
· If adequately trained, to carry out basic food preparation including stepping up to take over Chef's responsibilities.
· To deliver public address announcements, providing friendly journey information and a positive sales message to customers.
· To show a train-side welcome to customers, particularly paying attention to those with special needs, elderly customers, children and customers with heavy luggage.
To meet customer expectations of On Board cleanliness the Customer Service Assistant will work jointly with the rest of the On Board team and the cleaner to ensure the following:-
· That tables are clean and tidy
· That litter is collected and that bins are capable of continued use
· That toilets are properly furnished, tidy and if soiled are locked out of use
· That seats and windows are correctly labelled
· That in the event of operational difficulties at turn round stations, the On Board team will work together with station staff where applicable to prepare the train for the next journey.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy