Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Hospitality, Tourism & Travel - Kitchen Porter / Food Assistant
· Job type
Hospitality, Tourism and Travel
· External Reference
EXCELLENT ON BOARD CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE NOW!!
SUMMER WORK AVAILABLE FROM 23/07/2018 TILL MID SEPTEMBER.
PAY RATE: £12.88PH
YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE BETWEEN THE HOURS 03.00AM AND 02.00AM (VARIETY OF SHIFTS)
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO WORK 35 HOURS PER WEEK.
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE A CURRENT FOOD HYGIENE CERTIFICATE LEVEL 2, IF YOU HAVE CATERING EXPERIENCE AND NO FHL2 WE WILL BE ABLE TO OFFER YOU AN ONLINE COURSE THAT MUST BE COMPLETED AND ACHIEVED PRIOR TO STARTING THE POSITION.
PURPOSE OF JOB & PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITY'S
To carry out duties as assigned by the Service Manager or Assistant Service Manager including at seat service in First Class and trolley operation in Standard Class, to exceed our customer's expectations.
To work with other members of the On Board team to manage the customer environment in, providing safe and comfortable accommodation to laid down specifications.
Customer Service Delivery
It is an essential part of the Customer Service Assistant's role to identify and meet our customer's needs and expectations, taking the lead in dealing with customers in an open, friendly, confident and helpful manner.
It is the Customer Service Assistant's responsibility to carry out duties as assigned by the Service Manager or Assistant Service Manager as follows:-
· To project a professional image at all times.
· To provide excellent Customer Service, including at seat service in First Class accommodation, in accordance with service specifications.
· To use proactive selling skills to maximise sales from On Board retail services at the Buffet/Shop.
· To provide a trolley service throughout the Standard Class in accordance with service specifications.
· If adequately trained, to carry out basic food preparation including stepping up to take over Chef's responsibilities.
· To deliver public address announcements, providing friendly journey information and a positive sales message to customers.
· To show a welcome to customers, particularly paying attention to those with special needs, elderly customers, children and customers with heavy luggage.
To meet customer expectations of On Board cleanliness the Customer Service Assistant will work jointly with the rest of the On Board team and the cleaner to ensure the following:-
· That tables are clean and tidy
· That litter is collected and that bins are capable of continued use
· That toilets are properly furnished, tidy and if soiled are locked out of use
· That seats and windows are correctly labelled
· That in the event of operational difficulties at turn round stations, the On Board team will work together with station staff where applicable to prepare the train for the next journey.
Solving Customer's Problems
The Customer Service Assistant will carry out duties as assigned by the Service Manager or Assistant Service Manager to use all authorities available to resolve Customer problems. These include:
· Providing customers with the use of mobile phone or BT phone facilities as required.
· Summoning medical attention, BTP or Civil Police to a train
· Working with the Train Manager to provide refreshments during delay and disruption.
· Working with the Train Manager to provide any other assistance that may be necessary.
· Working with the rest of the On Board team to ensure that all possible assistance and information is provided to customers during periods of service disruption.
Cash Handling Responsibilities
1. The Customer Service Assistant must follow all relevant company procedures regarding cash regulations.
· The Customer Service Assistant should account for cash / credits received from On Board retail sales.
To apply for this excellent opportunity email your CV now!!
Adecco is an equal opportunities employer.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy