Description de l'offre
Wimbledon, Greater London
Public Sector - Public Sector
· Job type
· External Reference
Adecco are recruiting for a Customer Services and Housing Options Officer to work in a local authority in Wandsworth.
*Please apply online with your CV. Please note that only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted*
· Customer Services & Housing Options Officer
· Delivers a customer focused reception and administration service for the Housing Services & Regeneration Department.
· Delivers a Housing Options Service including the assessment of housing applications under Part V1 of the Housing Act 1996 and initial Part V11 assessments, providing suitable housing options advice and homelessness prevention advice where relevant.
· Responsible for the assessment and review of NRPF and UASC cases.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· To provide a professional and excellent customer centred reception service giving information on services to tenants, leaseholders, housing applicants, and people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and to deal with enquiries in a timely manner. Referring, where necessary to the relevant housing service, provide initial advice and assistance regarding the visit to the department, offering a range of options to access services.
· Provides an efficient and effective appointment and queuing system for callers with pre booked appointments and where appropriate, make appointments of behalf of services within the department.
· Handles debit card and cheque payments as required for services, such as door entry key and permits. Refers cash payments and regular payments to the automated self pay kiosk where necessary. Responsible for ensuring that the automated self pay kiosk is operational and ensures that the kiosk is replenished and emptied in a secure manner following safety instructions. Report faults and assists with customer queries relating to the machine
· Responsible for testing the security and evacuation systems in place within the Customer Services Unit within and agreed timetable.
· Assesses, administers and manages applications under Part VI Housing Act 1996 in accordance with the Council's allocation scheme and related procedures. Investigate initial homeless approaches under Part VII Housing Act 1996 and resolves homelessness issues where relevant, using the full range of housing options available.
· Critically considers applications for housing and makes necessary enquiries, including detailed and complex interviews with applicants, both in the office or via home or other visits regardless of location, and raises recommendation as to the level of duty owed. Authorises the refusal of applications received and refers to for management decision cases recommended for acceptance.
· Refers for further investigation to the casework team, where appropriate. Assesses, administers and reviews applications of the Council's duties under the terms of the Care Act 2014, Children Act 1989, in respect of persons ineligible under Part VII of the Housing Act 1996 (as amended), considering applications under Schedule 3 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002.
· To assist in the provision and drafting of replies for reports in respect of enquiries from Councillors, MPs, the Local Government Ombudsman and other agencies such as solicitors, Citizens Advise Bureau etc. as directed and according to their complexity and/or sensitivity of the subject.
· Assists in the induction and training of colleagues as directed.
· To act as a witness in litigation related to the duties of the post, as directed. As and when directed to work in either borough.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy