· Job type
Call Centre and Customer Service
· External Reference
Sales & Retail - Customer Service Advisor
Adecco are proud to be working in partnership with a fantastic customer centric driven company called Vision Direct
Do you work in customer service, love talking to and helping customers but are fed up with hidden sales targets? Do you want to shine a light on your personality rather than follow scripts? If you answered yes and want to build a career in a true customer service company with no sales targets - read on!
When you join Vision Direct, you will enter the fascinating world of optical health and you will be trained in all things related to contact lenses and optics so that you can provide the customers with accurate, safe, and professional eyecare advice.
To succeed, we need outstanding people who can do 4 simple things - be nice, helpful, knowledgeable and be efficient on all our inbound customer contacts. Does that sound like you?
Vision Direct, Europe's largest online contact lens retailer, is part of EssilorLuxottica where the mission is to help people see more, be more and live life to its fullest. We are looking for Customer Service Advisors to join our multilingual teams based in Manchester.
Vision Direct pride themselves on their diversity and their customer service colleagues come from all ages, backgrounds, and walks of life with varying levels of experience. They believe in providing great customer service, having a passion for helping others and using our life experiences to personalise our customer service.
Once you have completed your induction training at their state-of-the-art offices in Manchester city centre, and are competent in your role, you'll benefit from 75% homeworking and 25% office working, subject to satisfactory performance, giving you greater freedom to work from home and maintain a healthy work life balance.
What's in it for you?
· Competitive salary (£9.03 during training, rising to £10.16 per hour after 4 weeks)
· Permanent contract (40 hours per week)
· 30 days holidays (including bank holidays)
· 75% working from home
· Working from home kit provided
· Free tea/coffee when working in the office
· Ongoing personal development/training
· Internal progression
· Employee Assistance Program
· Company matched pension scheme
· Life assurance
· Generous discounts on glasses and contact lenses
What you'll do:
● Support customer inquiries through inbound calls, web chats and emails ensuring each customer has a great experience, whether it's the first contact of the day or the last
● Provide product advice and delivery/progress information
● Be confident in navigating systems and technology
● Pay attention to detail so that customers' needs are met and exceeded
● Accurately maintain our customer database, ensuring all conversations and outcomes are recorded accurately
● Work on a rotating shift pattern (published 12 weeks in advance) with shifts between 8 am and 10 pm, working 5 out of 7 days
What you'll bring:
● You must live within a commutable distance of our Manchester office
● Customer service experience, preferably in a contact center, retail, or hospitality background
● Great listening and communication skills with the ability to respond with empathy
● Be adaptable to change and flexible in your approach to deal with a variety of inquiries
● Confidence using a PC and the ability to multitask, though we have a range of support tools designed to help you
● An enthusiastic, positive attitude with a real desire to help others and a willingness to learn
● Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where the customer always comes first
● You'll be passionate about building great relationships with our customers.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Nadia Filipa-Nunes