Leeds, West Yorkshire
Public Sector - Civil Service
· Job type
Office and Secretarial
· External Reference
Adecco are working with the Home Office to to find suitable candidates with a high level of face to face customer service skills and an efficient, professional service level to work within the national team to assist claimants.
The role will potentially be for 6 months but could be extended.
The role will involve :
· Conduct initial screening interviews, to ascertain an applicants identity, travel history and entry to the United Kingdom.
· Safeguarding referrals for vulnerable asylum applicants and referrals and to ensure customers are respectfully and professionally interviewed
· Book appointments by phone and include taking initial calls as well as calling applicants back with an Interpreter if necessary to advise them of the date and time of appointment.
· Ensuring that the immigration database is updated and file created. Biometrics Capture (Fingerprinting) Capture of the biometrics of all customers prior to the screening interview, to verify and to establish any previous immigration history.
· To act as the first point of contact for all customers arriving in the
· To support the IO walk-in assessor with the asylum registration of any accepted walk-in cases.
To be successful for this role you will need to go through security clearance and you must be able to provide the following:
-Current British Passport or ILR or Settled status
- Resident in the UK for the last 3 year
-Able to provide full address and reference history for last 3 years and evidence 5 years of history
- Able to provide 2 recent Proof of Address - DL, Bank Statement, Utility bills dates in last 3 months
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Maxine Barnard