· Job type
Health and Safety
· External Reference
HR, Sales and Management - Health & Safety Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Compliance and Health and Safety Manager to join Merseyside Police at the Rosehill HQ
The role is temporary until May 2024, working Monday-Friday at a Flexi rate.
LEASE NOTE DUE TO POLICE VETTING THE CRITERIA IS THAT YOU HAVE RESIDED WITHIN THE UK CONTINUOUSLY FOR AT LEAST 3 YEARS.
The purpose of this role is to take responsibility for the implementation, delivery and development of Merseyside Police's corporate assets compliance programme. Additionally, the role necessitates leadership on all Health & Safety issues and direct management of force-wide Security Officers and HQ Reception Staff to ensure cost-effectiveness & efficiency.
· Be responsible for developing, leading and maintaining, policies and procedures for the general operation of the corporate assets Compliance Register, setting realistic short and long term objectives, determining priorities and identifying adequate systems and performance standards allowing for key regulatory risks to be adequately managed. Manages day-to-day operation maintenance and upkeep of the corporate assets Compliance Register.
· Lead and develop and be Force expert in relation to H & S on behalf of the corporate assets related matters, developing policies and procedures, imparting information to department officers, vet contractors and consultants for compliance to H & S legislation and ensure policies and procedures are implemented forcewide. Manage proactive monitoring strategies as part of the ongoing auditing and review of the H & S departmental policy and procedures strategy and be an active member of the departmental H &S Committee thus ensuring a healthy and safe environment to work.
· Lead on the service delivery monitoring of the corporate asset internal and external stakeholders by liaising with departments and service users. Carry out detailed surveys and gathering of information relating to the post occupancy evaluation of estate strategy construction projects and compile in a formal presentation for submission to the Asset manager.
· Be responsible for the management of the Security Officers and HQ Reception staff prioritising demands ensuring the provision of specialist support functions are maintained, delivered and developed as necessary, ensuring that all functions are delivered in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
· Undertake regular compliance monitoring reviews to ensure compliance with relevant building regulations, Health and Safety and other regulatory bodies, keeping the Head of Facilities Services informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts. Act as 'expert' in relation to Health and Safety on behalf of the department, developing policies and procedures, imparting information to department officers.
· Be responsible for the regular quality review and report to the Head of Facilities Services on a range of documentation and systems including, Scheme Development work, Framework Agreements, Tender Specifications, Quality Methods, Benchmarking practices for improved efficiencies and produce comparative data, sufficient to measure and continually improve departmental services, performance and customer satisfaction.
· Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop and implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide guidance to the Head of Facilities Services on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
· Create and deliver clearly documented corporate assets processes for internal auditing to the agreed time-scale, quality and standard as measured and reported on by the Police Crime and Commissioner Auditors; analyse any remedy any weaknesses identified; be involved in all stages of the audit life cycle; embed effective internal controls for the risk and control of all department related processors.
· Support the Head of Facilities Services in developing Service Level Agreements (SLA) with all corporate asset service users and, working with the Command Team, Area Commanders and Heads of Department, be responsible for the on-going management, target setting, co-ordination, monitoring and reporting of those agreements.
We are looking for candidates who:
-Demonstrate professional competence
-Hold the NEBOSH qualification at diploma level
-Have 3 years work experience post HNC/NVQ Level 4 (minimum) building/electrical/mechanical qualification
-Excel in multi-tiered intellectual & analytical business evaluation
-Can produce first-rate presentations & written reports for various stakeholders
-Acts as a role model of diverse team leadership
If you suit this criteria and are interested in this position please apply to the job above, and one of our recruitment consultants will be in contact.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Lynette crisp