City Of London, Greater London
· Job type
· External Reference
HR, Sales and Management - Human Resource
Compensation and Benefits Specialist
6 months (potential for extensions in place)
The Strand - London (twice per week in-office)
My client is an national electricity company and one of the largest investor-owned Energy companies in the world. They play a vital role in delivering electricity to many millions of people across Great Britain and North-Eastern US in an efficient, reliable and safe manner.
The Compensation and Benefits Specialist will provide advice and assist with the review of Compensation and Benefits framework of the recently acquired business. The Consultant will provide support to the Chief People Officer of NGED and the Head of Reward of the client by undertaking project work relating to key changes required to review the NGED business.
· Support the development and implementation of a business-aligned strategy to review compensation and benefits framework.
· Conduct analysis and produce key statistical information, metrics and cost estimates in addition to data required for decision making in the project. For example, data input to the collective bargaining; market pay adjustment exercises, value for money reviews of employee benefits. Support the management of the job evaluation processes for the various employee categories.
· Develop effective change management and communication strategy for the implementing the strategy.
· Conduct an analysis of all policies in the Reward area with the objective of assessing the differences and managing change.
· Manage the delivery of other Consultants or vendors as engaged for this project.
· Conduct external benchmarking and networking to maximise awareness / knowledge of market practice in all areas of compensation and benefits and to ensure that the organisation is abreast of future key changes and trends.
· Assist in the interpretation of UK legislation / HMRC tax rules regulating compensation and benefits to ensure all policies and processes are legally compliant.
· Provide specialist input to the resolution of ad hoc compensation and benefits related challenges e.g. specific attraction or retention issues in a line of business.
· Assist and advise the business in maintaining the appropriate levels of governance in compensation and benefits processes
· Engage key stakeholders to ensure that compensation and benefits frameworks are relevant and valued by the business
· Manage the analysis and completion of salary survey reports with accurate and timely information, including trend analysis and making recommendations using various external benchmarking companies to enable HR and the wider business to make informed decisions.
· Implement one-off reward projects and activities as agreed with leadership.
· Promoting a positive safety culture through visible proactive, consistent and influential behaviours
· Keep the company safe by co-operating with others to ensure a co-ordinated approach to promote a clear understanding of each party's duties, roles and responsibilities for Safety and Wellbeing
· Report all incident, near misses, hazards, taking action as necessary to control hazard as appropriate
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Know How:
· Proven experience of compensation and benefits within a large commercial organisation involving practical and detailed application of the existing compensation and benefits policies and processes
· Experience with review of Reward frameworks in a large M&A situation
· Experience of working within an organization with Trade Union representation
· Experience of salary surveys, job evaluation, salary survey, and salary reviews and bonus implementation
· Knowledge of compensation reporting software desirable
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including complex data modelling
· Some knowledge of the benefits marketplace in the UK and in particular latest developments in flexible benefits design and application
· Experience of dealing with 3 rd party suppliers/contracts desirable
· Experience communicating and influencing at Senior Manager level
· Ability to work in a complex challenging and sensitive environment
· Strong numerical and analytical skills
· Experience of compensation and benefits management systems (e.g. flexible benefits software)
· Ability to work in a complex, challenging and sensitive environment
· Experience of continuous improvement desirable
TO APPLY - PLEASE REPLY WITH AN UP-TO-DATE CV
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
Adecco is an employment consultancy. We put expertise, energy, and enthusiasm into improving everyone's chance of being part of the workplace. We respect and appreciate people of all ethnicities, generations, religious beliefs, sexual orientations, gender identities,and more. We do this by showcasing their talents, skills, and unique experience in an inclusive environment that helps them thrive.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Diana Lindorf-Urbone