Description de l'offre
Bolton, Greater Manchester
Education & Childcare - Education & Childcare
· Job type
Education and Childcare
· External Reference
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To provide BSL communication and language support to D/deaf students on mainstream programmes and adapting resources/materials to make them accessible for Deaf Students.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Supporting deaf students both directly and indirectly in the student's preferred mode of communication
· Liaise with employee's in order that they are able to communicate effectively with deaf students
· Participate and attend meetings/ training events where appropriate
· Carry out appropriate administrative duties
The above list is not exhaustive. You will be required to undertake other duties within your capabilities, consistent with this role, to support the needs of the business.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING:
· Stage 3 British Sign Language or equivalent
· Educated to NVQ level 3 or equivalent
· Level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics.
· Experience of supporting D/deaf students in educational settings.
· Experience of maintaining records
Exact hours cannot be given at this stage due to individual timetables however, this could be anything Part-Time or Full-Time Monday - Friday so full flexibility is required.
Please note that this position requires an Enhanced DBS Certificate which enables you to work within an educational environment.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy