£ 35000 - £ 40000 / Year
Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive - Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive
· Job type
Engineering, Aerospace and Automotive
· External Reference
Job Title: Commercial Bid Manager - Lighting & Systems
Department : Sales
Reports to: Sales Manager
Salary : £35,000 - £40,000
To determine business and product development strategies and to set and agree targets to ensure that the business achieves its growth targets
To managed major bid/contract opportunities placed under his/her control to ensure proposals are developed and submitted in a a timely and cost - effective manner, in accordance with an agreed strategic direction, and meeting the stated deadlines of the client.
To liaise with the Project Management team to identify the commercial impact of any scope change on existing contracts and communicate this to the client.
To manage standard product commercial enquiries, with responsibility for customer quotation, opportunity follow - up and negotiation, and account/customer management.
To Support Business Development Managers in developing new business potential and opportunities with new and existing customers.
To liaise with the design, operations and Finance teams to determine the attractiveness of new product development opportunities and product range extensions leading to a go / no go decision.
To liaise with the marketing team to ensure that Value Propositions for new products and product range extensions are optimised and their product launches are effective.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Co - ordinate and submit timely responses to all customer enquiries
· Liasae with Production Departments to monitor order acknowledgements and progress against open orders
· Liase with customers regarding progress on open order books and customer returns
· Use CRM system to capture and assess all relevant prospect data
· Management of Contract Reviews
· Co - ordindate timely resolution of customer complaints and issues.
· Co- ordinate new sales part/structure requests through Design & Development
· Assess Terms and Conditions on new major contract opportunities
· Co - ordinate timely preparation and submission of high value quotations and bid response documents
· Management of multi - disciplined bid response teams as needs arise
· Submission of new opportunities through Company Bid Review process
· Implementation and Control of Risk Management Process to Sales & Marketing activities
· Management of Contract Reviews
· Co - ordinate new product development opportunities
· Generate annual sales order forecasts and measure performance against these
Minimum Experience / Qualifications
· Ideally degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline but they will consider qualification by experience
· Extensive experience in an engineering environment
· Extensive experience in a Sales/Project Management role
· Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, with both external and internal Customers
· Ideally with Defence and Commercial Aviation industry bid experience
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy