£ 10.42 - £ 12.25 / Hourly
· Job type
Medical and Nursing
· External Reference
Medical & Health - Medical Support & Auxiliary Services
We are urgently recruiting for a Clinical Coder that has experience. The role will by remote but have flexibility to go into the office if required.
· Ensure accuracy and completeness of clinical coding which underpins the Payment by Results framework and national clinical coding requirements.
· Abstraction of clinical information from the health record and translation of that medical terminology using ICD-10 (diagnostic codes) and OPCS 4 (procedure codes) into a form that can be tabulated, aggregated and sorted for statistical analysis and to support the Payment by Results agenda applying national rules and conventions to agreed standards.
· Demonstrate effective organisational and time management skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Be highly motivated and lead by example to motivate other team members.
· Carry out clinical coding to the highest level of specificity using the three dimensions to coding accuracy thus giving complete and accurate data of a high quality that is consistently recorded.
Routinely extract pathology/histology/radiology information and use for more accurate clinical coding in a timely fashion in accordance with the clinical coding deadlines.
· Work on own initiative in collecting information by whatever means required. This could include entering very specific areas of the Trust.Exercise diplomacy and confidentiality in pursuit of collecting this data.
· Participate in the training and mentorship of less experienced coders and advise Novice and Junior Clinical Coding Officers on coding issues.
· To work towards gaining experience in other clinical coding areas that fall outside the standard clinical coding processes such as Burns & Plastics, Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Oncology.
· To observe the provisions of and adhere to all Trust policies and procedures.
· To actively participate in the annual performance review to identify personal development needs
· To attend Trust Statutory and Mandatory training sessions as required and any other training courses relevant to the post.
· To be aware of the confidential aspects of the post. To keep up to date with the requirements of information governance; undertake mandatory training and follow Trust policies and procedures to ensure that trust information is dealt with legally, securely, efficiently and effectively. Breaches of confidentiality will result in disciplinary action that may involve dismissal. You must maintain the confidentiality of information about service user staff and organisational business in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
· be aware that, regardless of any action taken by the employing authority, breaches of confidentiality could result in civil action for damages.
· All staff will be treated with respect by management, colleagues, patients and visitors and equally staff will treat management, colleagues, patients and visitors with the same level of respect. Staff will be supported to challenge any discriminatory behaviour that may be based on differences in race, disability, language, culture, religion, sexuality, age, and gender or employment status.
· You will be expected to undertake the Trusts' commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and vulnerable adults.
· To ensure that when creating, managing and sharing information records it is done in an appropriate way, subject to statutory requirements and agreed security and confidentiality policies, procedures and guidelines. All employees are responsible for implementing and maintaining data quality, ensuring that records are legible and attributable and that the record keeping is contemporaneous
· In accordance with the Health and Social Care Act 2008, the post holder will actively participate in the prevention and control of infection within the capacity of their role. The Act requires the post holder to attend infection prevention and control training on induction and at regular updates and to take responsibility for the practical application of the training in the course of their work. Infection prevention and control must be included in any personal development plan and/or appraisal.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Linda Reynolds