Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive - Mechanical Engineering
· Job type
Engineering, Aerospace and Automotive
· External Reference
Job Title:Chemfeed Project Engineer
Location of Position:M25 Reading / Beaconsfield / Watford or Ware
Role Summary / Purpose
Water Technologies & Solutions are looking for a Project Engineer to join our existing team.
There will be a comprehensive training program for the first period of the role with ongoing supervision and mentoring to assist in the transition to this role.
This will cover assignments with Proposal and Project Engineers on Daily Tasks, Site Services Engineer, HSE, Sales Account Manager and Chemfeed Commercial Lead related to the Engineering function.
The successful applicant will be responsible for maintaining and developing the internal and external client relationship, assessing and estimating equipment requirements & costs, production of project management plans, delivering and execution of project, management of successful installation and commissioning of projects.
· Work on projects often require independent decision-making. These projects are normally scoped to last between 2 and 6 months in duration.
· Develop general skillset and function related behaviour.
· Develop organisational skills to manage multiple projects in varying levels of execution.
· May be asked to participate in early talent events, seminars or trainings.
· Performing assignments where trust and accuracy are required.
· Work with current account managers, customer and prospect to meet equipment needs
· Work with direct line manager to assess technical solutions for more commercially acceptable methods.
· Coordinate support resources to deliver costs and systems on or below budget.
· Participate in customer site visits to design chemical dosing solutions while assessing product, pressure and flow requirements, on site restrictions or operating approaches.
· Manage customer satisfaction levels and escalate any customer concerns to minimise customer satisfaction.
· Coordinate proposal activity reports
· Meet or exceed assigned quotas (activities and results)
· Participate & be proactive as a local member of the ChemFeed Team with execution improvement suggestions.
ITO - Process Requirements
· Review Chemfeed Qualifier (CFQ) and Innovation template for technical information.
· Engineer reviews and clarifies with Chemfeed lead and/or Account Manager.
· Request photos from account manager & further information or Site Visit by Engineer or Engineer + Subcontractor
· Generate a Scope and/or review client specifications
· Produce working drawing/sketches.
· Request third party installation costs
· Determine material requirements and request quotes
· Determine SAP referenced items and list prices.
· Generate Cost sheet
· Submit Document Pack to appropriate point - Word Doc Scope, PQ Tool information & Tender Return Docs.
· Validate Order Scope against offer
· Validate Costs and Sell Price against offer
· Obtain valid offers from suppliers for out of date quotes.
· If not capital purchase confirms project payment route and work with direct line manager.
· Clear issues such as no equipment line in the contract, no value to equipment line, contract set up etc.
· Produce a project costing sheet removing unordered options or adding additions and/or update costs. Ensure project margin is within any pre- agreed DOA.
· Complete Material Requisition for Site and Sub Contractor Delivery
· Send Quotes, Costing Sheet, Customer PO & Requisitions to Customer Services (CS)
· Attend site visit or Kick of Meeting (KOM)
· Clarify with CS parts delivery date.
· Produce drawing and obtain approvals
· Confirm supplier technical details and grant approvals
· Produce project plan.
· Manage the delivery of all parts.
· Factory Acceptance Test or Component inspection.
· Organise Site Labour
· Organise Commissioning Labour
· Produce RAMS or Review Supplier RAMS
· Attend Site Acceptance Test
· Produce Final Docs
· Organise Training
· Ensure Timely Invoicing.
· Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
· Project Management or bespoke engineering experience in water/process treatment company, industrial plant (steel mill, power plant, chemical plant [with Petrochemical and/or Refinery background]), OEM Chemical pumps and/or Instrumentation projects department.
· Availability to travel on average 60% of the working week within assigned region and wider on occasions when needed.
· Possession of UK driving license required without limiting restrictions or endorsements.
· Proven time management and organizational skills; able to balance multiple priorities with a strong customer focus ethic.
· Ability to work in a pressurised environment.
· Organised and able to obtain evidential data on project commercials.
· Excellent communication skills and able to relay scope and commercial changes fast to the business.
· Autocad skills.
· MS Project Experience.
· Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines.
· Previous experience using independent thought processes to plan ahead, process information, and anticipate future needs of the team.
· Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
· Self-Starter, proactive, able to work independently with minimal direction
· Ability to quickly identify and prioritize issues, create solutions and meet multiple deadlines.
· Team player with strong interpersonal skills, capable of working within a globally diverse team across different time zones.
· Work within a matrix management structure across several different department with several different drivers.
· Effective benefit-oriented presentation skills;
· Achievement oriented self-starter;
· Comfortable in new and customer facing environment
· Development skills with high integrity;
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
· Tools Proficiency with PC skills, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Compensation:Annual 0.00 - 0.00 GBP
Is relocation for this position offered:No
Number of Job Openings:1
Join the Resource Revolution! SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions looks for innovation everywhere. For more than 100 years, SUEZ has been at the forefront of innovation, from the SUEZ Canal to addressing water scarcity. Finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the Resource Revolution!
SUEZ's Water Technologies and Solutions (SWTS) offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. SWTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.