· Job type
Hospitality and Catering
· External Reference
Hospitality, Tourism & Travel - Catering Assistants
We are currently recruiting for a Catering Assistant/Barista to join Merseyside Police at their Rose Hill HQ, Liverpool
This role would be 30 hours per week at £11.91 per hour and is a temporary role until April 2025.
A full UK driving licence is required.
PLEASE NOTE DUE TO POLICE VETTING REQUIREMENT YOU MUST HAVE BEEN RESIDING WITHIN THE UK CONTINUOUSLY FOR AT LEAST 3 YEARS AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION ANYTHING LESS THAN THIS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
To work as part of a team performing a variety of tasks associated with food production and service within a large commercially viable catering service ensuring high standards of food is provided in an efficient and customer focused manner.
· Work as part of a team ensuring all service areas are prepared prior to, and during service times and stock levels are maintained. Be responsible for ensuring all customers of the catering service are treated and greeted in a professional manner, all tasks are focused on providing an excellent customer focused service delivery.
· Be responsible for making and serving quality beverages and food products to all customers of the servery and ensuring the operating of all catering equipment is carried out in a responsible manner. Utilise the electronic point of sale (tills and click and collect) provision to ensure payments are processed, orders are monitored and served to customers in a timely and efficient manner.
· Maintain highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene within the kitchen, serving area and eating area, and ensure that the cleaning schedule and daily checks, to include temperature monitoring are completed as required to ensure that safe working practices are followed. Immediately report any problems or defective equipment to management.
· To work as part of a team providing a highly efficient and functional hospitality service. Ensure the service meets the agreed order requirements, is delivered and collected on time and meets the needs of the customer.
· Ensure knowledge of all served food and drinks to provide the customer a full understanding of current menu options. To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the catering provision.
Knowledge and Experience:
· Must have Level 2 food hygiene certificate.
· Experience in a retail or hospitality role ideally in a restaurant/coffee shop.
· Good communication skills are required as the postholder is expected to communicate clearly and effectively.
· Competent user of Microsoft Office IT packages, EPOS, and other specific food control software.
· Ability to work independently with strong organisational and time management skills.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Lynette crisp