Office and Secretarial - Administrator
· Job type
Office and Secretarial
· External Reference
To support the delivery of an effective Criminal Justice system by ensuring prosecution files are complete; by inputting and maintaining police data systems (paper and electronic), and liaising with other agencies to secure the delivery of the crime file to the Crown Prosecution Service and interested parties to the required standard and timescale. In particular to:
· Complete an administrative check on the contents of the case file received from the Officer in Charge, ensuring completeness to Force policy and CPS requirements.
· Request and gather information from a variety of sources, including partner agencies and other external agencies, so as to ensure the completeness of the case file.
· Ensure high quality prosecution files by correctly inputting, maintaining and, where appropriate, monitoring data on the police database in a timely manner and having regard to Force policy and legislative requirements and further, ensuring such information is correctly relayed to partner agencies and their database systems.
· Prioritise and manage a workload, ensuring that time lines are followed for each case, allowing time for other agencies such as CPS, sufficient time to deal with their responsibilities.
· Effectively communicate either by telephone or electronic means all tasks/information allocated to or received from the OIC or police personnel, CPS and other agencies and provide advice/guidance when required.
· Support colleagues, especially new staff, by providing instruction, guidance and advice where necessary.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy