£ 120 - £ 160 / Hour
Procurement & Supply Chain - Buyer / Puchasing
· Job type
Procurement and Supply Chain
· External Reference
Our client is a leading global healthcare company who are continuously developing their portfolio from medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, to adding managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services - as well as further technologies for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Our client is recruiting for a Buyer / Purchasing Professional
Pay Rate £120 - £160 per Day
Hours per week 37.5
Temporary for 12 months to cover maternity leave.
Location Glyn Rhonwy, Llanberis
We are looking for an immediate starter with Buyer/Purchasing experience, ideally with experience of SAP and Chemical and/or biological but not essential.
· Participates in organising and co-ordinating purchases of materials and arranging timely deliveries of supplies and materials.
· Resolves semi-complex delivery, quality or other related problems with purchases and invoices.
· Participates in the negotiation of prices and quality requirements with direct material suppliers.
· Analyse and identify potential cost improvements and develop cost saving proposals.
· Ensure a smooth transition of suppliers/ purchased material to customer site.
· Support sourcing, supplier selection, evaluation, and other supplier management activities in line with global and local policies and procedures.
· Liaise with manufacturing departments in sourcing of materials, support new projects, research in to alternative suppliers / materials and ensure risk mitigation strategies are considered.
· Perform various SAP routines to ensure data integrity and produce various reports to support operational needs.
· Build good relationships with internal customers & external partners.
· Work in compliance with established procedures and ensure all quality records are within the quality system completed according to the required standards and in a timely manner.
· Previous experience in a production environment is essential.
· Good organisational skills - ability to prioritise and problem solve.
· Planning and negotiation skills.
· Experience of SAP and Chemical/Biological purchasing is an advantage.
· Occasional travel may be required.
Adecco is an equal opportunities employer. If you do not hear from one of our consultants within 7 days of applying for this role, please assume you have been unsuccessful in this instance. Your CV will be kept on file and you will be considered for future vacancies that match your skills.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy