£ 33000 - £ 35000 / Year
· Job type
· External Reference
Sales & Retail - Business Development
Adecco Manchester are pleased to recruiting for a Business Development Executive to join an industrial supplies specialist based in Salford, Manchester. This role is an externally focused sales and business development role, responsible for identifying prospects and winning new business.
To achieve results you will research and target prospects, make outbound calls to identify needs and set appointments, present the company at meetings to understand customer requirements, prepare quotations and proposals, following up to close deals and secure new business.
Your attitude, work-ethic and hunger to succeed are a must, knowledge of industrial supplies or complimentary sectors is an advantage, but not required, as both product and sales training will be provided for the right candidate.
· A self-motivated individual with strong drive, tenacity and a high level of commitment and confidence.
· Sound commercial awareness and financial understanding
· Strategic prospecting and objection management skills
· A good listener with excellent communication skills including persuasion and negotiation, able to deal with people at all levels of business and with varying technical capability
· Customer orientated with an organised and logical approach to fulfilling requirements.
· Demonstrates the ability to take ownership, organising and managing multiple tasks of varying complexity whilst maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
· Strong work ethic and attitude with excellent timekeeping and reliability
· Able to self-motivate and work in an environment where management will not always be present
· Exposure to a sales environment is essential
· Experience prospecting and closing deals with blue chip organisations is desirable
· Identification of new market sectors and potential customers, developing and maintaining a targeted sales pipeline to consistently initiate contact and win new business.
· Producing and presenting tailored quotations and proposals to meet customer needs and profitability targets.
· Liaising with relevant departments, including the product and commercial teams, to obtain information and advice about products, services and promotions.
· Negotiating sales and contractual terms of business, using pricing structures to win and maintain profitable long-term accounts.
· Regularly updating company systems, detailing prospecting work conducted, sales pipeline and outcomes.
What's in it for you:
Competitive base salary of £33'000-£35'000 depending on experience
Great commission structure - OTE £50k
Car allowance/company car
Career progression opportunities
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Monday to Friday 8.30-17.00
Based in Stretford office when not out on appointments
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Jessica Brion