Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne And Wear
Transport & Logistics - Transport & Logistics
· Job type
Transport and Logistics
· External Reference
Our client based at Newcastle Airport are offering some great opportunities for Belt Operative to join them on a part time seasonal basis, and starting soon
*** Working Various Shift Lengths between 04:00am - 02:00am*****
In order to be meet the criteria required, you will need to;
* Be able to work any hours covering a 24/7 operation with no restrictions ( IE study etc)
* Be able to make your own way to Newcastle Airport
* Provide Eligibility to work in the UK
* Be happy to undertake a Basic Disclosure ( Criminal Check)
* Must not have lived outside the UK for more than 6 months at a time in the last 5 years.
* Provide 5 years written references and support any gaps of 30 days or more
* Have a customer service background
If you can meet all of the above, then read on as we have a great role for you!
As a ramp agent you will have many responsibilities and duties to complete whilst the aircraft is on the ground working as part of a team, where being organised and a team player are essential
Please note - This is a very physical role.
Successful candidates will play a vital role in ensuring the timely departure of aircrafts .You will be passionate about your role and have excellent communication skills, as use of the radios and relaying critical information will play a key part in your role.
Main duties include:
* Sorting baggage ready for departure to the aircraft
* Working in all weather conditions both inside and outside ( Protective clothing provided)
* Sorting of baggage for the correct flight
* Manual handling of all baggage
* Following and adhering to Health and Safety at all times as a safe working environment is paramount
* maintaining a safe working environment
* Driving various aviation vehicles.
Individual skills required from you to complete the role include:
* Clear communication skills
* Be numerate and literate - you will be relaying important numbers and figures to the supervisors on each flight.
* Physically fit
* Flexible with shift and working times.
* A solid team player
* Able to work to tight deadlines and deliver
In return, you will be working with one of Newcastle Airports trusted handling agents offering a competitive rate of pay, uniform, subsidised car parking and the opportunity to work additional hours.
If the above sounds like you then please do send me over your CV today!
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy