Medical & Health - Medical Records Clerk
· Job type
· External Reference
We are looking for an enthusiastic Band 5 Assistant who has experience of leading a team and has proven high level of people management skills.
The role is to start immediately and for an initial term of 3 months but this may be extended. The post will be based at Peterborough Hospital in Peterborough and Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon (working for the same department but 2 different locations). Working Hours Monday to Friday; 09:00 - 17:00.
The post holder will be in operational charge of the Health Records department and will provide leadership, organisation and management for all Health Records staff to ensure that health records are available at the point of need and managed in line with local and national requirements.
· Support the Health Records Manager in the development and implementation of the Health Records Annual Service Plan.
· Assist the Health Records Manager communicating service changes/plans to stakeholders to ensure that staff are engaged directly in any review and the development of services.
· To oversee the Health Records Management Function (guidance on legislation and records management practices, training provision etc) to support the Trust's response to legislation and to deliver best practice.
· Monitoring of exception reports and audits on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
· Liaise with system suppliers in order to ensure any concerns are raised and actioned in a timely way.
· Ensure key performance indicators are consistently achieved and teams within the Health Records department are managed to delivery targets and key service requirement.
· Ability to work to deadlines
· Ability to manage a team and work within a team
· Ability to ensure tasks are carried out and monitor quality of work
· Good communication skills
· Attention to detail
· Accuracy while under pressure
· Good computer literacy, including typing
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy