Description de l'offre
London, Greater London
£ 17.4 - £ 18.1 / Hour
Education & Childcare - Education Administration
· Job type
· External Reference
1. To support the implementation, operation, and maintenance of the academic
assessment processes, including the running of Assessment/ Progression Boards,
ensuring compliance with agreed University processes, under direction of the
Assessment and Awards Manager.
2. To act as deputy for the Assessment and Awards Manager when required.
3. To manage the workloads of the Registry Exams and Assessments team, under the
direction of the Assessment and Awards Manager.
4. To assist with the recruitment, training and appraisal of the Exams and Assessments
team, under the direction of the Assessment and Awards Manager.
5. To submit holiday requests to the Assessment and Awards Manager on behalf of the
Exams and Assessments Team, whilst ensuring adequate cover for the team.
6. To manage the Registry processes that contribute to the efficient running of Assessment
Boards, for example timely production of Assessment Board reports, including
progression information and recommended awards.
7. To liaise with External Examiners/Moderators/Validating Bodies, concerning operational
matters such as providing dates of forthcoming Assessment Boards and expected
workloads throughout the term; examination paper approval processes and sending
samples of assessments and paperwork for Boards etc.
8. To be responsible for the Registry processes which contribute to the collation of samples
of marked assessments by Academic Colleagues.
9. To manage the Registry processes which contribute to the University Academic
Misconduct and University Extenuating Circumstances procedures, as defined by the
10. To be responsible for coordinating the student results process, in order for results to be
published to students on time.
11. To provide an effective hand over of recommended awards to the Awards, Ceremonies
and Events Officer for approval through the conferment's process.
12. To ensure a smooth and efficient transition post Assessment Boards to the Student
Records Team for progression and amending of student module diets.
13. To manage the current processes for non VLE module-work assessment submissions.
14. To manage the assessment processes for exam timetabling, working closely with the
15. To be responsible for providing external invigilators for all tests/exams as required and
16. To be responsible for the co-ordination of Registry processes involved with organising in-
17. To assist the Assessment and Awards Manager with populating the academic calendar
with meetings/committees/deadlines that relate to Exams and Assessments operations.
18. To work with the Student Retention Team in providing statistical data and reports as
19. Secretary to Board(s)/Committee(s) as determined by the Head of Student Registry.
20. Member of Boards/Committees as determined by the Head of Student Registry.
21. Maintenance, monitoring and contributing to the development of the University record
systems that relate to Examinations and Assessments. In particular, to be responsible for
the integrity of data with regards to assessments on SITS, for example assessment
22. Assisting with Events such as Graduation Ceremonies.
23. To become fully conversant with both the Data Protection Act (1998) and the Freedom of
Information Act (2001).
24. To provide cross Registry support as required (e.g. holiday cover, sickness cover, peak
25. Maintain up to date knowledge of University regulations and procedures, provide advice
and ensure compliance by Staff and Students.
26. Actively seek to implement the University's Health and safety policy, and give due regard
to the health and safety of themselves and others when carrying out duties.
27. Actively seek to implement the University's Equal Opportunities Policy and promote
equality of opportunity in relation to the duties of the post.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy