Romford, Greater London
£ 26 - £ 250 / Daily
· Job type
Construction and Property
· External Reference
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Asbestos Compliance Officer on behalf of a public sector organisation based in Essex.
The main purpose of the role will be to work within an office environment as well as on site, providing the full range of asbestos compliance service for the housing department on schemes procured by external clients.
Key duties will include:
· To analyse and manage new and existing asbestos data, ensuring that the asbestos database is managed in line with accepted best practice, statutory requirements and guidance
· Identify and oversee any remedial activity required to ensure asbestos related data is accurate and available upon request by all relevant parties
· Provide professional and competent asbestos advice across all areas affecting construction activity on buildings controlled by the housing department
· Operational supervision of asbestos contractors, i.e. contract meetings, KPIs, KGI transfers training and performance
· Provide technical advice, assistance, information or guidance on issues relating to asbestos to colleagues, internal teams and external agencies and partners
· Instruct and coordinate a programme of asbestos surveys and provide progress reports to the Fire Safety Manager
· To prepare and input data obtained from surveys and other sources
· Oversee and direct asbestos surveys and bulk sampling of suspect asbestos materials, undertaken by appointed contractors, to identify the presence, nature and condition of asbestos in accordance with approved legislation, guidance and best practice
· Review written asbestos survey reports
· Carry out asbestos audits on surveys and removals
· Maintain a current knowledge of asbestos legislation and guidance
· Carry out and arrange for a programme of planned audits
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Please apply with your CV to: Sabrina Bigby