£ 27000 - £ 30000 / Year
· Job type
Transport and Logistics
· External Reference
Are you an experienced Transport planner that has worked with Artic or Multidrop vehicles?
Reporting into the Transport Manager of a busy, fast paced haulage company in Earls Colne, you will be an experienced Transport Planner . Ideally you will come from a general haulage or pallet network industry and managed a fleet of Artic, Ridged or Multidrop vehicles.
This opportunity opens up self-development and clear progression opportunities, to Assistant Transport Manager and then onto Transport Manager over time.
· Routing of vehicles and covering deliveries across UK- sometimes to tight deadlines and with quick turn around.
· Providing good communication with our Traffic office teams and Drivers to ensure customer KPI's and targets are achieved and maintained.
· Use in-house planning tools and systems to manage workload and monitor efficiency
· Ensuring internal tracking systems are kept organised and updated
· Controlling and planning of resource (vehicles, drivers, trailers); ensuring all legal requirements are adhered to (Working Time Directive and EU Drivers' Hours regulations)
· Plan routes for following day- working outside of standard hours if necessary, to meet deadline.
· Warehouse and vehicle checks
· Review Manifest and update any amendments and notes on the systems.
· Customer service is key to providing rates, quotes and processing customer booking.
· Monitoring delivery performance and advising customers of issues affecting time / completion.
You will have:
· Experience in planning of Artic vehicles / multi drop deliveries
· Proven transport planning experience
· Proficient with MS office packages and bespoke tracking systems.
· CPC Holder an advantage, but not essential
Monday to Friday 8am-6pm
Salary up to £30,000 depending on experience
Genuine clear pathway for development and progression
Free parking on site
Full Covid Secure measures in-place.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Please apply with your CV to: Tanita House