Barnet, Greater London
£ 13 - £ 15 / Hour
Accountancy & Finance - AAT
· Job type
Banking and Financial Services
· External Reference
What you'll do:
· Responsible for collections across 300+ customers based in MENA, with a ledger value of approx. $17 million.
· Establish relationships with key customers, following-up frequently by phone and email on past due balances with a direct focus on minimizing bad-debt and lowering DSO
· Liaise with customers to obtain correct local tax details in both UAE and Saudi Arabia regions
· Investigate, document and resolve customer billing discrepancies quickly and efficiently
· Generate weekly AR aging report with collection comments for review with Manager
· Support AR Leads on all billing and collections related issues
· Support Cash Applications team to ensure payments are posted to customer invoices correctly and accurately
· Focus on meeting departmental monthly collection goals
· Provide support for the annual financial statement audit, periodic internal audits, and other AR related requests
· Provide support and preparing other ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
· Fluent in Arabic Language
· Previous experience with collections in MENA region is preferable
· 3 to 5 years of Collections experience, preferably in the advertising or digital media/entertainment industry.
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred (not mandatory)
· Strong accounting knowledge of debits and credits required
· Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills and strong Excel skills required
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
· A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
· Detail-oriented with a high sense of urgency
· Exceptional organizational and project managing skills
· A definite team player
· Ability to prioritize day to day responsibilities while ensuring timelines & deadlines are continuously met.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy