Public Sector - Public Sector Administration
· Job type
· External Reference
Finance assistant needed to work in a local authority based in Croydon!
3 month contract - possibly ongoing
The successful candidate should have experience of:
· Ability to prioritise own workload in relation to a large team to meet deadlines in a fast changing environment.
· Ability to work in a large complex, political organisation and to understand and operate within national and local frameworks of accountability.
· Ability to influence decisions.
· Commitment to and application of equality and diversity in service delivery.
· Demonstrates high standard of ethical and personal conduct.
· Ability to analyse complex data.
· Good Numeracy and English Literacy skills.
· Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in order to represent the work area and deal with customers.
· Ability to provide administrative and organisational support.
· Able to abide by the Council's agreed standards: i.e. confidentiality, diversity, health and safety, data protection etc.
· Ability to deal with tactfully and responsibly with a range of people face to face and over the telephone.
· Ability to use a range of ICT applications effectively.
· Ability to provide a customer focused service.
· Purchase orders experience
· Analytical experience
· Record of expenses experience
· Use of excel spreadsheets and an understanding of how you could use formulae
** Please apply online with your CV and note that only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted **
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy