£ 8.91 - £ 9.35 / Hourly
Office and Secretarial - Administrator
· Job type
· External Reference
Start Date January 2022
Day or Evening Shifts available
Office based working
Temp Ongoing - Weekly Paid
The primary purpose of the Officer post is to maintain the integrity of the UK passport by undertaking a range of administrative tasks primarily associated with the processing of passport applications. This is a role which provides the opportunity for a range of functions, as individuals will be required to work in any one of several roles (Post/Support Clerk, Post Opening, Postal Cashiering, Data Verification and Query Handling (day only). Appropriate training will be given.
· Receive and process incoming and outgoing mail, transport mail, prepare application boxes.
· Open postal applications, check and record envelope contents, record payment details, affix photograph to the application form and batch documentation.
· Scan application documentation and check the data captured, co-ordinate and move applications, letters and files.
· Validate the correct scanning and completeness of the application.
· Correct fields in the system by comparing with the original application.
· To both search and record files and data
· To link incoming queries with relevant application forms
· To correctly despatch correspondence and documents to customers
· To work flexibly and provide support to other operational colleagues / areas as required
Note: An employee may be required to carry out other duties within the scope of the grade and within the limits of their skill, competence and training - this may also include duties that are more physically demanding.
Skill set & Behaviours
· Disciplined Work Approach
· Excellent attention to detail
· Customer Focus
· Managing a quality service
· Making effective decisions
· IT literate
· Team Work but must be able to work on own initiative
· Delivering at pace
All applicants are required to hold Security Clearance for these roles which can take 4-8 weeks to process from receipt of your application at no cost to you but you must hold a current and valid Passport to be considered for this role.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Courtney Simonds