Birmingham, West Midlands
£ 17375 - £ 18000 / Year
Legal - Accounting & Finance (legal)
· Job type
· External Reference
Do you have experience within administration and are looking for a new opportunity? Do you like the idea of variety in a role? Enjoy a fast-paced environment? If so, then this could be the perfect role for you.
My client, a prestigious legal firm based in the heart of Birmingham, are currently looking for an administration clerk to come and join their amazing team. You will be responsible for assisting in the correct and accurate administration of the organisation in order to provide a comprehensive and professional administration/reception service to their internal and external customers.
· Competitive salary
· Great holiday package - 23+8 bank holiday days
· City Centre location - very accessible
· Great team environment
Duties to include:
· To assist in the operation of a busy switchboard for both internal and external user groups. To respond to general and specific telephone enquires whether internal or external and initiate responses as appropriate including message taking/distribution and in some cases emailing the telephone messages.
· To undertake general administration duties such as, filing, photocopying, faxing, franking or stamping post.
· Archiving files ready for closure and maintaining accurate records.
· To undertake word processing duties in order to maintain an up to date will and deeds database
· To input appropriate and accurate client information into the organisations record keeping software.
· To act professionally and courteously to staff and visitors at all times.
· To collect and take post using the DX & Royal Mail postal system.
· To maintain stock levels and order and shop as necessary.
· To maintain client confidentiality at all times.
· To promote and comply with the organisations equal opportunities and health and safety policy both in the delivery of services and treatment of others.
· To be responsible for identifying personal training and development and for maintaining a personal development plan.
· To carry out such other duties which are consistent with the nature and responsibilities of the post
· Be prepared to undertake training
· Understand and have experience in basic administration
· Willing to learn/adopt /apply new methods, procedures, techniques etc
· Be prepared to work as part of a team and provide cover as required
· Have an accommodating and pleasant demeanour
· Capable of achieving a good attendance record
· IT Literate with a good understanding of MS Office
· Ability to understand and assimilate information
· Previous experience in a similar field desirable but not essential
· Good organisational skills
· The ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and members of the public
· Capable of working to timescales with minimum supervision and using initiative
· Flexible approach to work according to requirements
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Please apply with your CV to: Lyahna Tulloch