London, Greater London
Education & Childcare - Education Administration
· Job type
Education and Childcare
· External Reference
We have an opportunity to work with in a prestigious University Library based in Central London as an Administrator. This role is currently for 2 months and is paying £14.06 per hour.
To deliver a range of administrative and frontline duties for the Library's Finance and Human Resources functions, liaising with Library colleagues and School departments/divisions, as appropriate. This role also contributes to customer-facing duties in the Library.
To support the delivery of effective and high quality operational and administrative services in the Library as part of the Administration Services Team. Having the flexibility to share tasks and prioritise, as required, with other team colleagues to provide continuous support to the Library. To facilitate compliance with systems, policies and processes and audit requirements, contributing to improvements to enhance and develop service delivery.
To provide central support to the Director of the Library, Library Leadership Team, Personal Assistant to Director and the Departmental Manager of Library to enable the smooth operational running of the Library.
Duties and Responsibilities
Financial and Human Resources
· Initiating specific requests on behalf of the Library following relevant approval processes, and receipting goods/services through the School's One Finance online system, liaising with staff and suppliers as appropriate
· Facilitating the processing and tracking the Library's operational financial transactions (e.g. invoices, purchase orders, purchase card requests, staff and third party expense claims), through effective use of the School's One Finance online system, liaising with Departmental Manager as required
· Preparing and processing accurate monthly staff pay and overtime forms for Payroll
· Handling personal donations to the Library & ensuring prompt deposit of payments with Finance Department
· Booking and co-ordinating UK travel and accommodation on behalf of Library staff and third parties, ensuring bookings are accurate & best value solutions identified
· Co-ordinating billing and payments for staff mobiles and other equipment rental, ensuring all assets are appropriately registered
· Monitoring monthly operational budget commitments and expenditure in One Finance to ensure entries are accurate, up to date and complete for all relevant transactions undertaken by the Administration Services team
· Supporting recruitment on the School's HR online system, acting as Library e-recruitment champion. First Point of Contact to advise managers on using e-recruitment, providing training and working in close liaison with HR and the Departmental Manager.
· Creating and maintaining HR records for Library staff, including handling confidential information
· Providing monthly reports for the Departmental Manager on changes to contracts, staff moves, leavers etc.
· Maintain and manage the Library's staff time and attendance online system, including liaising with the Data Technology Services Division
· Providing training for new staff and line managers and day to day support, in respect of the Library's staff time and attendance system, including user guidance.
· Providing information and regular monthly reports on leave, patterns of work, absence etc, for Departmental Manager
· Monitoring completion of staff reviews to ensure they are undertaken within correct timescales
· Ensuring that organisational charts are updated and accurate for presentation at monthly Library Management Team meetings
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy