· Job type
Banking and Financial Services
· External Reference
My client in the Northumberland area is looking to welcome a new Finance Assistant to their team.
Reporting to the Director.
You are responsible for:
· Varied accounting tasks on Sage 50 Accounts and Sage Payroll
· Credit control
· Effective and regular communications with other personnel within the Company
· To support the department in achieving the necessary standards of service required and expected by the Company
· Compliance with policies and procedures particularly respecting Internal Control Procedures
· Answering the telephone in a timely and courteous manner and effectively deal with the matters/ queries arising.
Your main duties include:
· Complying with procedures/processes within the finance function
· Control of book-keeping functions, including entry of sales and purchase ledger transactions, input into general ledger and at least monthly reconciliation of some general ledger control accounts.
· Dealing with customer and supplier queries
· Computerised Bank reconciliations
· Supplier Bacs payments process
· Assist with month end
· Control Payroll
· Credit control
· Ad hoc data analysis duties and provision of reports and analysis.
· Comply and adhere to all set timescales and deadlines
· Calculating salesmen's commissions
· Anything else not covered above.
· It is expected that the position holder will have practical experience using recognised Accounting systems (eg Sage 50 Accounts).
Have proven and practical experience with:
· Experience using recognised accounting systems and ability to analyse 'ad hoc' data reports
· Able to work on own initiative and have flexible attitude
· MS office applications - particularly Excel
· IT related tasks
· Working as part of a team
· Communication at all levels
Hours of work:
· 8:30am - 5pm Monday to Friday (1 hour lunch) - Total 37.50 hours per week
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Please apply with your CV to: Rachael Porter