· Job type
Sales and Retail
· External Reference
Accounts/Payroll Assistant - Chelmsford
Our successful client based in Chelmsford is looking for am Accounts/Payroll Assistant to working alongside their existing friendly accounts and admin team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Processes company's payroll every pay period
· Maintains payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data
· Computes employee pay based on time records, benefits, taxes and commission
· review and reconcile debtors, and carry out credit control procedures;
· assist with various monthly balance sheet reconciliations
· cashiering responsibilities (banking, petty cash);
· assist the management teams by resolving any accounting queries;
· report discrepancies to the relevant departmental manager;
· pass all authorised and coded invoices on a timely basis;
· liaise with managers on a regular basis, building strong relationships;
· general administrative duties as and when required;
· any other reasonable duties assigned by management
· Experience within payroll processing
· experience of working within a similar role;
· strong Microsoft skills;
· the ability to reconcile data in an efficient manner;
· attention to detail and accuracy;
· highly organised with the ability to time manage;
· ability to work well under pressure, schedule work appropriately and show initiative to improve procedures where appropriate
Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00am-5:30pm
Hourly Rate: £11p/h
Assignment Type: Temp
If you are interested in this position, please apply now or phone Adecco Chelmsford on 01245 268666.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a full interview with us first.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we can only contact shortlisted candidates.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Please apply with your CV to: Amy Mallon