Accountancy & Finance - Accounts Administrator
· Job type
Office and Secretarial
· External Reference
My client is currently recruiting for a Accounts Payable Administrator, role details are below:
Job TITLE Accounts Payable Administrator
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports to: Finance & Infrastructure Team Leader
Reporting directly to the Finance Team Leader you will be responsible for the day to day running and co-ordination of the businesses accounts payable processes in addition to accurately checking and coding high volumes of purchase invoices. Processing supplier queries and ensuring they are resolved in a timely fashion in order to keep the ledgers accurate and up to date. You will also be expected to assist in driving forward efficiencies within the purchase ledger function.
· Responsible for processing high volumes of purchase invoices within assigned time scale for the business, reconciling any delivery notes to invoices received and purchase orders.
· Ensure invoices are submitted to various departments for approval and ensure these are signed off for payment or queried with suppliers in a timely fashion.
· Resolve any complex and ongoing supplier issues in order to ensure we foster good working relationships with suppliers.
· Make sure that all credit notes are received on time with correct value and posted to the system in a timely manner.
· Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger. Ensuring all supplier account details such as account number, sort code and account name are up to date and maintained.
· Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements.
· Assist Group accounts in reporting financial data at period end and year end in order to generate accurate financial accounts as and when required.
· Assist and liaise with external auditors as directed by Group accounts in order to provide the necessary required information in a timely fashion.
· Any other duties as required.
· Great interpersonal and communication skills and a team player with a can do attitude.
· To have self-discipline and be able to work to strict deadlines.
· Ability to multitask, prioritise workload and be comfortable processing a high volume of invoices/payments.
· Keen eye for detail
· Ensuring invoice queries are identified and logged with suppliers in a timely fashion.
· Ensuring invoices are input into the system to the correct supplier and nominal.
· Forward Thinking
· An aptitude for IT with knowledge of software packages such as Excel, BACS, Direct Debit and SAGE.
· Ability to use initiative to highlight potential problems or issues within processes looking for continuous improvement.
Educated to A Level or equivalent with:
1) Minimum of 5 GCSE's grade A*-C including Maths and English.
2) AAT of Finance Qualifications desirable or actively working towards such a qualification.
3) Microsoft package MCSA & MCSE
CONTACTS AND COMMUNICATION
· Management Team
· Team Leaders
· Internal staff
· Suppliers and subcontractors (Both Group and External)
Please email your CV or ring James on 01512435900
Adecco aim to respond to all applicant's, however due to the large volume of applications we receive this may not always be possible. Should you not receive a response within five working days please accept this as notification that you have not been short-listed on this occasion.
Adecco is an equal opportunities employer
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy