Accountancy & Finance - Accounts Assistant
· Job type
Banking and Financial Services
· External Reference
Adecco Poole and Bournemouth are delighted to be assisting one of our local clients in their search for a Finance Assistant.
This role is being offered on an initial contract until June 2021.
The successful candidate will be responsible for sourcing goods and services including ICT, travel & accommodation provision, the administration and accurate processing and recording of payments, receipts and other financial transactions.
· Source purchasing requests within corporately set service standards including short notice urgent requests.
· Liaise with suppliers and customers in respect of stationery, printing, and other consumables, administering stocks and orders as necessary
· Check and process all invoices received on to the financial system within specified timescales, including claims from the public
· Administer receipt of goods inwards, including storage and distribution as necessary
· To add new suppliers to the procurement systems as necessary
· Raise sales invoices.
· Monitor and maintain a record of all outstanding monies owed.
· Produce a current working debtor report and send reminders to customers with overdue balances and, where necessary follow up in accordance with policy.
· Complete a monthly financial health indicator report.
· Receipt and record all income received, including cash, cheques and electronic fund transfers.
The Ideal Candidate
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a commitment to customer service
· Demonstrable good administrative skills together with evidence of a previous record of high standards of accuracy in a financial environment
· Ability to organise own time and to plan and carry out activities in an orderly and structure way; ensure deadlines are met.
· Ability to deal with incoming correspondence, incoming payments by cheque, bank transfer, card or cash and to analyse information. Maintain accurate daily records.
· Able to evidence good computer skills, and experience in using software packages including spreadsheets and word processing
If you are the candidate we are looking for or are interested to discuss this role or other live vacancies, please do not hesitate to call Tom on 01202 202810 or email
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Please apply with your CV to: Thomas Jacques