Accountancy & Finance - Accounts Assistant
· Job type
Banking and Financial Services
· External Reference
Adecco have a fantastic opportunity to join a company based in Newbury. Our client is looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their team on a permanent basis. The role is working Monday - Friday offering a salary of £23,000 - £25,000.
Duties and responsibilities include:
· Creating purchase orders in line with company guidelines
· Checking purchase invoices, gaining approvals
· Matching suppliers' invoices (PO's, delivery notes, etc.)
· Entering suppliers' invoices onto System
· Reconciling supplier statements
· Preparing weekly payment run for approval
· Allocating D/D and payments
· Checking employee expense claims & entering into system
· Tracking shipments & updating spreadsheets
· Booking Intercompany invoices
· 3PL Invoice analysis - weekly
· Track & advise costs (received/missing) to Management Accountant
· Month end duties
· Adhoc projects within scope of the role/capabilities
Candidates will ideally have/be:
· Minimum 3 years Accounts Assistant, purchase ledger & employee expenses, experience
· Highly competent Microsoft Office user, specifically Excel, is essential
· Experience using Pivot Tables is essential
· Experience of QuickBooks desirable, considerable IT experience
· Friendly outgoing personality with good sense of humour
· Maintains good relationships with colleagues, team player
· Problem solver, calm under pressure
Do you have experience in a similar role and all the relevant skills? If so apply today Adecco Newbury.
Please note: This position is based in Newbury, please only apply if you are willing and able to work in this location.
All applications will be reviewed within five working days by one of our experienced consultants and successful applicants only will be contacted within that time frame. Please be assured that your details remain confidential and they will not be sent out to our client(s) until you have been contacted by us and have given us your consent, in accordance with REC guidelines.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy