Description de l'offre
DEPARTMENT - FINANCE
LOCATION - BASINGSTOKE
CONTRACT TYPE - PERMANENT
BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions helps companies to expand their business capabilities by offering tailored leasing and finance solutions. Our expert teams partner with equipment vendors that are looking to grow their sales, and businesses that require outsourcing services for assets within a number of key markets. We're a European leader in leasing, backed by the stability of the BNP Paribas group.
WHAT AM I ACCOUNTABLE FOR?
Responsible for ensuring that the financial accounts of the company are properly maintained and correctly reported in accordance with agreed deadlines. Sitting within the Accounting team; part of the Finance department based in our Basingstoke head office.
MY KEY ACTIVITIES
· Adhering to the monthly closing checklist, ensuring prompt and correct booking of closing journals and obtaining suitable evidence and authorisation
· Maintaining a proactive dialogue with Accounting Manager throughout the monthly close to manage expectations and escalate any delays or issues
· Preparing monthly trials balances for incorporation into Group reporting, including presentation of results and balance sheet extracts for management review
· Preparing financial control reconciliations, including aging and provisions analysis and timely resolution of reconciling items in conjunction with the account owner.
· Recording the status of the financial control reconciliations, reporting and escalating any unresolved differences and identifying potential risks or opportunities
· Developing a commercial understanding of accounting balances and continuously developing accounting processes and reconciliations in response to changes in business processes or available information
MY EXTERNAL CUSTOMERS
MY INTERNAL CUSTOMERS
All members of the Finance and Financial Planning and Analysis teams, Corporate Accounting, Equipment & Logistics Solutions (ELS), Technology Solutions (TS), Risk, Collections and Recoveries
Studying towards, or willing to start, professional qualifications (ACCA, CIMA) with a strong educational background
Good Excel skills are essential, along with good interpersonal/communication skills and attention to detail.
Organised with an interest in self-development and a natural ability to learn
Some work experience as an Accounts Assistant and experience of working to deadlines is desirable but not essential.
Oracle/SAP experience is also desirable
Working in a busy, open plan office.
Normal working hours are 8.45 to 17.15 Monday – Friday; however you may be expected to stay later during key times to ensure deadlines and deliverables are achieved.
Dress code is business formal Monday-Thursday, business casual on a Friday.
MY ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
· Any other ad-hoc duties as required by my Line Manager
· Responsible for adhering to policies, procedures, guidelines and the internal control framework established to guide the operation of their function in addition to regulatory compliance requirements
· Ensure that adequate controls are in place to minimise risk to the Company and that these controls are operational, reviewing them as necessary to reflect any changes to procedures or the business
WHAT CAN I EXPECT
On joining the company I will attend a Company Induction which will introduce me to the different areas of the business and what they do.
Have regular performance reviews with my line manager; this will include a mid-term and end of probationary review and regular one to one catch ups.
I will be expected to complete annual online Compliance training modules via My Development, our online training platform and will continue to receive on the job training throughout my career.
Study support for CIMA/ACCA/AAT is provided