£ 22000 - £ 25000 / Year
Accountancy & Finance - Accounts Assistant
· Job type
Office and Secretarial
· External Reference
Adecco have a fantastic new opportunity to join a well-established prestigious company based in Thatcham. Our client is looking for an Accounts Assistant on a permanent basis. Working hours are Monday to Friday normal office hours. Starting ASAP with a salary range of £22,000 to £25,000 dependant on experience.
· Initiative and enthusiasm
· Ability to work constructively under pressure with minimal supervision
· Ability to work to tight deadlines
· Ability to build strong working relationships, externally and internally
· Flexible approach to work
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Good IT skills
· Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word)
· Knowledge of business operating systems i.e ERP
· Awareness of confidentiality
· Knowledge of both sales and purchase order processing ideally in a manufacturing environment.
· Qualified as an accounting technician, by experience or similar
· Working with ERP systems
· Responsibility for the cash books
· Daily entering of receipts and payments including foreign currencies
· Daily bank reconciliation to bank statements including foreign currencies and foreign exchange differences.
· Maintenance of petty cash book
· Responsibility for the sales ledger function
· Prepare monthly sales analysis
· Forecasting monthly cash receipts
· Control of sales invoice and credit note batches
· Processing daily cash receipts
· Issuing proforma and deposit invoices
· Updating daily sales figure, including journal adjustments for accrued sales
· Maintenance and reconciliation of control account
· Month end procedures including monthly statements
· Maintain proof of export records for export sales
· Credit control, including the issuing of stop list, & releasing sales orders for dispatch.
· Hosting monthly credit control meeting
· Opening new customer accounts & obtaining the necessary references
· Maintaining customer deposit reconciliations
· Liaising with commercial department on invoice queries
Purchase ledger support(support and holiday cover)
· Processing purchase ledger invoices including matching to GRNs
Other Monthly/Quarterly/Annual activities
· Preparation of monthly EC sales list
· Preparation of monthly Intrastat dispatches returns
· Maintaining VAT deferment and IPR records
· Monthly VAT to Turnover reconciliation
· Daily checking courier recharge invoices
· Completing monthly National Statistic returns
· Adhoc duties as required/specified by the FD or FC
Experience of Epicor (ERP system)
Do you have experience in a similar role and all the relevant skills? If so apply today Adecco Newbury. Please note: This position is based near Newbury, please only apply if you are willing and able to work in this location.
All applications will be reviewed within five working days by one of our experienced consultants and successful applicants only will be contacted within that time frame. Please be assured that your details remain confidential and they will not be sent out to our client(s) until you have been contacted by us and have given us your consent, in accordance with REC guidelines.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy