Hounslow, Greater London
· Job type
· External Reference
Accountancy & Finance - Accounts Assistant
Job Title : Accounts Assistant
Salary: £26k salary
Based: Chiswick, West London, W4
Hours: Mon - Fri 9am - 5.30pm (Hybrid working possible after probation)
Start date: ASAP
Responsible for managing the main bank account ensuring all receipts and payments are booked in a timely manner and that the general ledger is accurate and complete on a monthly basis. The Finance Department comprises four members of staff and works to ensure a smooth and efficient finance function across the business. This role has sole responsibility for entering all current account transactions and reconciling the main bank account. The role also covers all general accounts, posting supplier invoices and reconciling balance sheet accounts, supplier and customer accounts. There is a large amount of client contact over the telephone answering accounts queries and taking payments from buyers.
· Take full responsibility for the main bank account, Ensuring all items are posted on both sales and purchase ledger and the various bank accounts are reconciled on a weekly basis.
· Reconciling supplier statements monthly.
· Managing the VAT refund process, VAT invoices and ensuring sales are set up with correct VAT rates.
· Entering and reconciling all client compensation and credit notes.
· Posting third party invoices and staff expenses.
· Posting and reconciling the PayPal and credit card account
· Dealing with general and accounting enquiries from the public.
· Managing petty cash once established in the role.
Essential skills and experience
· Knowledge of basic accounting gained through working in a finance team in a busy office environment
· IT competence and knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Outlook
· Team working skills
· Good writing skills in English; excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including first class spoken English
· Ability to thrive within a fast-paced team environment, including the ability to prioritise multiple tasks
· A finance qualification
· Experience with Sage
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact James Wolland