Hamilton, South Lanarkshire
£ 16000 - £ 18000 / Year
Accountancy & Finance - Accounts Administrator
· Job type
Banking and Financial Services
· External Reference
Adecco are working in an exclusive partnership with one of our financial clients to recruit an outgoing Accounts Administrator.
This role is based in Blantyre with a salary of £16,000 - £18,000 per year.
Responsibilities of the Accounts Administrator:
· Reception Duties - answering the telephone and dealing with calls in a professional manner
· Sales Ledger - Raise invoices/credit notes to customers on a daily basis
· Purchase Ledger - Process invoices/credit notes received from suppliers and arrange payment
· Bank Reconciliation - Ensure all transactions are processed daily and statements reconciled weekly
· Credit Control - Contact all customers to obtain payment dates for overdue accounts, send monthly statements/copy invoices. Also, deal with queries and report to Management in order to resolve
· Vat Quarter - Process and submit returns
· Reporting - Daily sales reporting and month end reporting to deadlines
· Adhoc/Additional Administration support is also required when necessary
Requirements of the Accounts Administrator:
· Experience of Sage accounts is required, experience of Xero would be preferred but not essential
· Strong skills in Microsoft Applications such as Excel, Outlook and Word
· Excellent communication skills
· Good organisation skills with the ability to prioritise
· Work efficiently with good time management
· Understanding of how to deal with confidential and sensitive information
· Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
· Appetite for development & progression
Full training and support will be given.
Hours of Work -:
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy